15 October 2015

Race Report: Run the Night 5k

So, I realize that a race report from May 30 is a little delayed. But I was waiting for official photos to appear online and they never did, and then I promptly forgot about my blog. And running.



My boyfriend and I trained for the Run the Night 5K in São Paulo. This was my second registered race, and Silas's first. He normally never runs at all. I was glad he did it with me.

The course was held at the University of São Paulo, mostly alongside the Pinheiros River. We didn't see much of the river since it was night, however. We finished the 5k in about 40 minutes. As you can see in the photos, I'm a lot taller than Silas, and it's more leg height than torso height. So, we make uneven running partners, but we stuck together. 


Afterwards there was a band, acrobats, and lots of families with kids hanging out. It was fun, but we were hungry and decided to walk back home.

It was a good experience for my first 5k run, and even more fun that I had a buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment